Friday, October 25, 2013

Homemade Taco Seasoning


I never go without taco seasoning packets in my kitchen. One reason is because we do a Mexican style meal every Friday -- Fiesta Friday we call it -- even though it's probably more like Tex-Mex.  

Another reason I always have taco seasoning is the packets are usually really cheap with coupons so I stock up when I can. I always have them...until I need them. I ran out when I went to make my Crockpot Chicken Taco Soup. Luckily, this homemade taco seasoning I saw on allrecipes.com turned out even better than the pre-made packets. I usually always have these ingredients on hand so it made it very easy to make in place of my taco seasoning packets.


Taco Seasoning 
Printable Version
easilymadeeasilybroken.blogspot.com
Ingredients
1 Tbsp chili powder
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp onion powder
¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
¼ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp paprika
1 ½ tsp ground cumin
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a bowl.  Makes about ¼ cup.

Original recipe from allrecipes.com



Note: This would also make a great gift using labels on a glass jar. I quadrupled the recipe to fill up this Mason jar and make a full cup, or four servings, of the taco seasoning. You can download the printable labels here that include directions too. I used Avery 15395 labels.

No comments:

Post a Comment