Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Crockpot Barbequed Beef Sandwiches

Like most busy moms and probably dads too, I’m a big fan of the crockpot or slow cooker.  I try to schedule a couple of days a week to use my Crock-pot for our dinners.  It’s usually on a soccer night because it’s too hard to cook something up when we’re leaving the house a little after 5 pm and not getting home until 9.

The Crockpot Barbequed Beef is delicious meal that satisfies nearly everyone in my family.  That’s hard to do with my picky boys, including my husband!  You can use a bottled barbeque sauce for this but I love the sweet and tangy combo that this homemade barbeque sauce provides (don’t tell my picky husband it has mustard in it).  Even though the meat is not really barbequed, it still has a bit of a smokey taste to it.  So yummy and makes a ton to feed up to 12 people so I get plenty of leftovers to freeze and serve later in the week.

Note: The recipe calls for House Seasoning which is on my blog here but if you don't want to make a whole batch, just use 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp garlic powder.  

Crockpot Barbequed Beef Sandwiches

Ingredients
3 lbs boneless chuck roast
1 ½ cups ketchup
2 tbsp Dijon-style mustard
¼ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup red wine vinegar
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp liquid smoke

1.  Combine all ingredients in a bowl, except roast.

2.  Put chuck roast in the Crockpot.

3.  Pour the sauce mixture over the roast in the crockpot.

4.  Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 hours.

5.  After it’s cooked completely, remove the roast and shred (I just use two forks to tear it all apart).  Place the meat back in the crockpot to cover with sauce.


6.  Serve on hamburger buns or toasted bread and top with pickles and onions, if desired.  I actually put jalapeƱos on mine – adds a little spiciness to it.


Because this makes so much, it’s fun to come up with new ideas for leftovers.  I really enjoy using it as a topping for baked potatoes.  We also like to eat it wrapped up in corn tortillas.  It’s a little too sweet to consider it a brisket taco but it’s still good!

No comments:

Post a Comment