Saturday, August 24, 2013

Paula Deen's House Seasoning

Paula Deen has a seasoning that she uses throughout her recipes in her book Paula Deen Celebrates.  The first time I made it because her recipe for Goulash called for it.  Once I made it, though, I had such a big batch of it, I ended up using it in everything.  Honestly, it made everything better.

The first time I used this in my scrambled eggs instead of just salt, my kids actually ate the eggs and said they liked them.  My kids are the pickiest eaters ever so I consider that a major success.  I use this seasoning whenever a recipe calls for salt and pepper.  It adds a little extra.

This is SO simple you'll wonder why there's a recipe for it but it is nice have on hand to season up everything from meats to soup to vegetables.  These three ingredients are all that's required; salt, pepper, garlic powder.  I use a Good Seasons Salad Dressing cruet that I bought with some Italian dressing seasoning.  You can use an old seasonings shaker, though.  When my black pepper becomes empty, I think I'll switch to that.

My recipe only makes 1/2 of what Paula Deen's recipe calls for.  The first time, I made the whole batch but my cruet doesn't hold it all.

Paula Deen's House Seasoning


1/2 cup table salt
2 Tbsp pepper
2 Tbsp garlic powder

All all ingredients and mix together.  You can mix in a bowl and then add to your container or just add everything to an air-tight container, make sure the lid is on tight, and shake it up.


I use a funnel to make sure I don't make a huge mess when pouring it.

Make sure your lid is on super tight and shake it up.  I doesn't look like it makes much but a little definitely goes a long way.

Now I'm off to post the recipe for Crockpot Goulash that uses this seasoning.  It's delicious!





No comments:

Post a Comment